Šumava – October 2023
Morning fog. Nobody in the forest. Just you, rocks, hills and across the valley the Boubín primeval forest. This is the charming Šumava. We are preparing unique races for you in the territory of the Šumava Protected Landscape Area near the village of Kubova Huť, where the highest railway station in the Czech Republic is also located. The racing arena will be on a local ski slope. The map, which has been created since the 2022, is the very first local effort of such a large scale. During the Czech O-Tour 2022, we referred to the last races in Kokořínsko as “The best in the end!”. We think that the picturesque Šumava also deserves this designation.
Why come to Šumava mountains?
- unique terrains that have never been used for orienteering
- amazing virgin nature
- an ideal option for spending the autumn holidays
- time for trips in Šumava forests before the races
- interesting saturday accompanying program
- October 27, 2023 (friday) – training, trips to nateru
- October 28, 2023 (saturday) – middle distance E7 (Kubova Huť)
- October 28, 2023 (saturday) – doprovodný večerní program (přednášky, koncert)
- October 29, 2023 (sunday) – long distance E8 (Kubova Huť)