Series bulletin 2023
Invitation to race series
Czech O-Tour 2023
About the Event
A series of races for all generations and levels. From children to masters, from beginners to experienced competitors.
- Lucky Einght. The series consists of eight races in the most beautiful czech terrains — get to know the location of the Orienteering World Cup 2023, the JWOC 2024 or the wild Šumava.
- Unique program. Run through a unique orienteering maze, come to a concert or try playing golf right in the arena.
- Big club competition. Points are scored in all age categories.
- Signing up for the entire series means a discount on the entry fee and an extra gift!
- 7 out of 8. The 7 best results from 8 races count towards the overall rating. The winner of an individual race gets 100 points, others get less percentage, according to the loss to the winner, up to twice the time of the winner.
Dates and locations
- April 1—2, 2023 — Plzeňsko — 2 forest races 40 minutes from Prague in the location of the JWOC 2024
- August 3—6, 2023 — Kokořínsko — 3 races in sandstones and 1 sprint in the connection with Orienteering World Cup 2023
- October 27—29, 2023 — Šumava — 2 forest races within sight of Boubín in the undiscovered wild terrains of the Šumava
|1st race Czech O-Tour 2023||E1 Plzeňsko|
|2nd race Czech O-Tour 2023||E2 Plzeňsko|
|3rd race Czech O-Tour 2023||E1 Kokořínsko|
|4th race Czech O-Tour 2023||E2 Kokořínsko|
|5th race Czech O-Tour 2023||E3 Kokořínsko|
|6th race Czech O-Tour 2023||E4 Kokořínsko|
|7th race Czech O-Tour 2023||E1 Šumava|
|8th race Czech O-Tour 2023||E2 Šumava|
Entries and payments
- for each race separately, or for the whole series at once
- for registered in CSOS via ORIS
- for the unregistered (public, beginners) via www.o-tour.cz
- more about Entries
The limit of participants is currently 1500 competitors / race. If the limit is met, the organizer may increase the number of participants, as long as the organizer will have a higher number of participants approved for the race by the nature conservation entity. Entries for the entire series will take precedence over the entries to single races.
Payments must be sent within the entry deadline to the ČSOS account:
IBAN: CZ35 2010 0000 0029 0129 6231
SWIFT code BIC: FIOBCZPPXXX
Bank: Fio banka, a.s., V Celnici 1028/10, 117 21 Praha 1
Unpaid entries may be cancelled due to the limit of participants.
Competition classes: DH10L, DH10, DH12, DH14AB, DH16AB, DH18AB, DH21EAB, DH35AB, DH45AB, DH55AB, DH65AB, DH70, DH75, DH80 (D = women, H = men)
(In the case of a smaller number of entries, the organizer reserves the right to merge some subclasses and vice versa, in the case of a large number of entrants to one subclass, divide it.)
Public classes: OPEN-S, OPEN-M, OPEN-L, HDR (child on string course shadowed by adult)
You can entry for classes for the public as an individual, couple or family.
Classes for the public have free starting time within the range given by the organizer in the Bulletin 2 for the relevant race.
- more about Classes
Special Christmas offer December 1, 2022 — January 31, 2023
Single race – Plzeňsko(discounted!)
- competition classes: 100 CZK up to and including DH14, 150 CZK DH65 and older, 200 CZK others
- public classes: 100 CZK HDR, 200 CZK others
Single race – others
- competition classes: 150 CZK up to and including DH14, 200 CZK DH65 and older, 250 CZK others
- public classes: 150 CZK HDR, 250 CZK others
Entire series (8 races for the price of 7)
- competition classes: 1050 CZK up to and including DH14, 1400 CZK DH65 and older, 1750 CZK others
- public classes: 1050 CZK HDR, 1750 CZK others
Basic entry deadline
It takes place from February 1, 2023 to March 17, 2023 (for the stage Plzeňsko), until June 30, 2023 (for the stage Kokořínsko), until October 13, 2023 (for the stage Šumava) or until the limit of applications is reached.
- competition classes: 180 CZK up to and including DH14, 230 CZK DH65 and older, 290 CZK others
- public classes: 180 CZK HDR, 290 CZK others
Entire series (8 races for the price of 7)
- competition classes: 1260 CZK up to and including DH14, 1610 CZK DH65 and older, 2030 CZK others
- public classes: 1260 CZK HDR, 2030 CZK others
The last entry deadline
It takes place up to 10 days before the given race or until the registration limit is reached.
- competition classes: 200 CZK up to and including DH14, 290 CZK DH65 and older, 390 CZK others
- public classes: 200 CZK HDR, 390 CZK others
Entire series (8 races for the price of 7)
- competition classes: 1400 CZK up to and including DH14, 2030 CZK DH65 and older, 2730 CZK others
- public classes: 1400 CZK HDR, 2730 CZK others
Only for public classes limited entry on the day with this fee will be available (subject to availability of maps).
We are preparing a number of interesting benefits for participants who sign up for the entire series. Which ones are they?
- cheaper entry fee for the entire series – 1 race is completely free
- guaranteed starting place for all races (races are limited in capacity)
- unique printed O-crosswords for all ages (in czech)
- special discounts with our partners
Refund of fees upon entry cancellation:
- basic entry deadline, 100 % of fees will be refunded
- the last entry deadline, 50 % of fees will be refunded
- in case of entry for the entire series, 100 % of fees will be refunded only by cancellation before the first race
Bibs will be provided to every competitor for each event location before the race.
After each race, the winners of each class will be awarded except HDR (HDR, HD10L and HD10 also receive a small reward at the finish line of each race).
At the end of the series, the 3 best competitors in the overall ranking of the given class will be announced.
As part of the Czech O-Tour, we are again announcing a year-round club competition. The best 7 results achieved by members of one club across the classes from 8 races are counted. The points earned by children, youth, seniors, younger and older masters are important for the overall placement.
At the end of the series, the top 8 clubs in the overall rating of the club competition will be awarded great prizes.
- More about Club competiton
- The race is held according to the valid orienteering Rules. Please see the expected times of the winners in the attached table.
- A protest against violation or non-compliance with the Rules or against a decision of the controller may be submitted in writing, on the spot and supported by a deposit of CZK 200 to the controller.
- Protest against the official results then in writing within 14 days of the publication of the official results – via e-mail to the address email@example.com, with a deposit of CZK 200 sent to the organizer’s account.
The SPORTident electronic punching system will be used, and all versions of SI card are accepted. Contactless punching will be enabled for use with SIAC cards. Only standard SI-cards will be available for hire when entering (fee 50 CZK/race). If lost, compensation 800 CZK will be required.
Czech Orienteering Federation (Český svaz orientačních sportů, Zátopkova 100/2, 169 00 Praha 6 – Břevnov)
On the www.o-tour.cz website or via the mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will be provided for the necessary time.
Protection of personal data and photography
The organizer, as a personal data administrator, is entitled to process the personal data of the registered participant for the performance of his/her duties as the organizer of the race, for the purpose of fulfilling the contract that occurs between the organizer and the participant of the race by accepting the entry. For the purpose of fulfilling its obligations, the organizer will publish the participant’s personal data in the valid ČSOS format in the form of an entry, start list and results in the ORIS information system (https://oris.orientacnisporty.cz/) and on the event website (https://www.o-tour.cz).
Photography: During the event, news photographs will be taken to inform the public about the race, billing subsidies for the event, etc. in accordance with Section 89 of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code. In addition, photos can be taken for the personal use of the competitors (as a memory of the races, promoting the club etc.) especially from the prize giving and the finish. In case you do not agree with the photo shooting, please explicitly notify the photographer.
Everyone participates in the race at their own risk.
We ask participants to behave in a respectful manner towards the environment. Sort the waste into prepared containers.
Information about individual races: